(Scroll down to fill employment form)
As of 02/07/2023 Galazio Restaurant and Bar is seeking motivated and reliable individuals for the position of:
Host / Busser
Please read the descriptions below and then apply if you feel fit for the part.
The host is the guest’s first point of contact with guests at Galazio Restaurant, as such a good first impression is a good last impression. The host must be welcoming helpful and informative with every guest interaction. Additionally the host must answer the phone in response to orders, reservations, general customer inquiries, and provide successful take out service. The host is also organized by planning the shift based on the number of servers as well as the number of reservations. Additionally, the ideal host will take on bussing duties.
The busser plays a crucial role in ensuring our guests enjoy a seamless and enjoyable dining experience. Your responsibilities go beyond clearing tables; you contribute to the overall harmony of the dining room, supporting the front-of-house team to maintain the restaurant’s high standards. Your key responsibilities are, clearing and resetting tables, work closely with the servers, hosts, and kitchen staff, pay attention to detail ensuring utenciles and glassware are spotless and clean, communicate with take-out guests ensuring prompt delivery of food. Additionally, the ideal busser, will take on host duties.
The Server will be responsible for providing consistently high-levels of customer service to all restaurant patrons by providing prompt service, taking accurate orders, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. The server will perform these customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner, and ensure that the patron has an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities will include the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and comply with all Galazio Restaurant policies and procedures.
We are seeking a full time bartender for evening and day time shifts. The Bartender prepares alcoholic beverages for all guests and service bar. Main responsibilities are making drinks according to recipes quickly efficiently using precise measurements. Additionally, the bartender provides wine-bottle service, and food service and must always check identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age. TAM / TIPS certification is an advantage. Some experience is required, and training is available.
As the Expediter at Galazio Restaurant, you will be the linchpin in ensuring the seamless coordination between the kitchen and the front-of-house team. Your role is pivotal in guaranteeing that each dish is prepared to perfection, plated with precision, and delivered to the guest’s table whether dine in or to go in a timely manner.
Essential Character Traits
- Reliability. At Galazio Restaurant, we value reliability in our employees as a key character trait. We believe that having dependable team members is essential for the success of our business and helps to create a positive work environment.
- Attentiveness. Every position is important and deserves complete attention from staff. Any form of carelessness could be seen as disregard from the guest resulting in a negative experience.
- Respect. Having respect for management, policy, and coworkers, is paramount for a positive work experience.
- Experience. Experience in the service industry helps however, a willingness to learn, to improve your capabilities is even more important. Training is provided for all positions.
- Knowledge. Our food is very unique as it’s mainly Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, so an emphasis on learning the foods, their cooking methods, and the flavors, is required. We also have a vast wine menu hence understanding wines and their pairings is an advantage.
Apply and best of luck!
Galazio Restaurant and Bar Employment Application
Application form for Galazio Restaurant and Bar in La Plata, MD